3.02.2010


As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

These song lyrics by Casting Crowns speak so true. In the Bible, rain was a gift from God, a sign of his mercy and plentifulness. Nowadays, however, rain only seems to be a sign of sorrow & a yearning for spring, life. Today I am praising God for the rain, as a reminder that He is the one who gives and takes away. Sometimes we all need a little rain to remind us of the sun.
 "As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD."
Ezekiel 1:28 

No comments: